SO LONG, 2017 | HIGHLIGHTS OF THE YEAR & WHAT’S TO COME OF 2018

Without sugar coating anything, 2017 has been a really, really difficult year for me. From the moment it started,  it was pretty much one disaster, heartache and breakdown after the other. I’ve never had to deal with so much in one year. Despite having the year from hell, I’ve stepped into 2018 feeling ready to kick ass. It’s true when they say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I’ve now dealt with so much and I’ve learnt so many lessons the hard way, that surely things can only get better.

I thought it would be nice to have a moment of self-reflection together,  and look back (and bury) 2017, however, still appreciate the good moments and how I’ve moulded into a stronger person who can deal with anything life throws her way. I’ve never been so ready for a new year and there’s so much I want to achieve in my attempt to make this year, my year – Even though I’m sure everyone is saying that right now. Let’s just say, this is going to be our year.

A LOOK BACK ON 2017

The bad may have overshadowed the good this year, however, there’s nothing I can do about the negative aspects from 2017, I want to forget them and move forward. However, 2017 brought me so many amazing experiences, I’d never want to act like they didn’t happen. So here are some of my stand-out moments from 2017.

– THE BRITISH STYLE COLLECTIVE

Working with The British Style Collective / Clothes Show Live this Summer was a massive career highlight in terms of blogging. I honestly still have to pinch myself 101 times as I brushed shoulders with some of my favourite bloggers such as Megan Ellaby. As well as meeting Henry Holland in the green room before I went on stage for a Summer Style Pannel. I honestly never thought I would be in a situation like that and I still cannot believe that it happened.

– NEW YORK

This September me and Vincent visited New York. It was my second time in the city and Vincent’s first time visiting. We had such a wonderful time, we ate countless amounts of carbs, drank lots of cocktails, gin and beer and cycled around Central Park in the sunshine. It was truly perfect and we created some amazing memories in such a wonderful city.

– GLASTONBURY

Glastonbury was another standout moment of 2017, I had just finished university and left a shitty job so I was ready to let my hair down and truly enjoy myself. Although festivals tend to bring me a lot of anxiety, however, this year was my favourite ever Glastonbury. I felt like I could truly enjoy myself and just live in the moment for a weekend.

– FRIENDSHIP

This year I’ve really become closer with so many of my wonderful friends. Blogging has welcomed some truly amazing people into my life who are creative, inspiring and so supportive. I’d love to name them all and rant and rave about how much I love them all as individuals. But just want to give a massive shoutout to my best friend Erin (bitchinblonde) the beautifully creative Allie (tie-dye eyes) and Jess (JessiLouBlog) these ladies have been so incredible supportive and helpful over the past year and I love how different they all are from one another, but each of them have such wonderful qualities and I’m so lucky to have them.

– GRADUATING UNIVERSITY

As you all know, university, wasn’t my favourite thing ever. Although I did really enjoy my final year of university, it was such a relief to graduate. Since then I’ve found myself in a job that I absolutely love. Although it can be stressful, I’m so lucky to work with some amazing people and I’m really excited to go into the new year working for an ever-growing company.

– GETTING A TATTOO

I haven’t actually announced this yet, however, I got a tattoo a couple of days ago. I’ve wanted a tattoo for quite a while now and over the past 4 months, I’ve really been looking into getting one. I wanted to get something really dainty and after everything that had happened this year I just thought ‘fuck it’. So Erin and I went and got tattoos together. I am so happy with the tattoo and I don’t think it could be more ‘me’ you’ll have to keep an eye out on my Instagram for when it’s healed!

PLANS FOR A BETTER 2018

– MOVING OUT

2018 is going to be the year that I fly the nest. I’ve wanted to have my own place since I was about 16, however, obviously, I’d never move out at that age. Now that I’m 22, working full time and in a strong relationship, I think I’m officially ready to start the intense saving to move out with Vincent. We’re both really excited about this as I think it will be such a fresh start to our relationship after a tough year as well as being something for us to look forward to and something that is so exciting and personal to us both.

– BERLIN

For Christmas, I bought myself and Vincent a trip to Berlin. We’re going for our anniversary in April and I cannot even explain how excited I am to go back to my favourite city and have a few days of exploring the wonderful, art-filled streets of Berlin. Vincent and It have always said that Berlin has been our favourite holiday away together, as we found the city so easy to navigate and it was just a really happy place for us both.

– BECOMING AN AUNTIE (AGAIN)

The happiest moment of 2017 was when my sister, Hannah, announced that she was having a baby. My sister has always wanted a family since she was so young, I can always remember her as a child saying that she wanted to be a housewife when she was older. Whereas there was me who wanted to be a mermaid as well as Kim Possible and Smurfette – Clearly Hannah is the realistic one here! We found out in November that the little jelly bean is going to be a boy, so he’s going to be my first nephew which I’m so excited about! Her due date can’t come quick enough!

I hope 2018 is everything you hope it to be. Here’s to a fresh start.

Love,

Share:

15 Comments

1. Abi Street
    January 3, 2018 / 11:51 am

2017 was also really difficult for me but similar to you I've tried to put it behind me and focus on the positives! By the sounds of it you had a ton of positive things happen in 2017! I hope 2018 is absolutely amazing for you lovely xxAbi | abistreetx

2. Jessie-Ann Lewis
    January 3, 2018 / 9:10 pm

2017 was such an amazing year for you! I hope 2018 is even better. Berlin will be amazing 😀 xxJessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

3. Siobhan Maroney
    January 4, 2018 / 9:47 pm

Sounds like you have an epic year ahead. Can not wait to see the tattoo, I’d really love one! Can’t wait to see what this year brings you! Big LoveSiobhanJustauniform.com

4. Buha Tala
    January 5, 2018 / 7:47 am

If you remember when I wrote a blog post about ' 3 Reasons Why You Should Travel Alone' a few months ago, now I am still insisting in my own thoughts that being a travel blogger is so d**** good! I have spent almost a month in Tokyo alone, just to try if I would be able to manage everything myself without the sponsorship from the partners? And the answer is YES! Guys, I just feel so alive…I mean, at the age of 28 years old, this is all I need. The chances to live free, in terms of making a decision, and thinking about life and future. Back in my home as a Thai blogger in Bangkok, living with Asian parents can be a bit different. But, all I know right now is that I really want to live my life like what the late 20s people should be. To be able to think & act without the 2nd doubt from the parents. I mean, this Japan trip has given me the answer, which I had always asked myself if my life is worth something. shopping Online Pakistan

5. Alice Red
    January 7, 2018 / 12:33 am

It sounds like even though you've had a rough year, there have been some wonderful moments in there as well. Congratulations on finishing university and moving out! I hope 2018 is a good year for you and that your blogging career goes even further.alicered.co.uk

6. Produtc Reviews
    January 26, 2018 / 12:34 pm

Absolutely unique and excellent content that you have shared above. It was very useful for me. Thanks a lot.Shopping Online Pakistan

7. 123movies studio
    March 9, 2018 / 6:48 am

Fastest way to watch new movies online and free on 123Movies.in.net We have more than 65000 Movies Simply to enjoy any movies you want. Watch Online Free Movies

8. smart digitalwork
    March 9, 2018 / 11:08 am

Find advanced digital marketing services like SEO,SMO,PPC. With Web Development, Web Designing,e-commerce site & Mobile App Development in Delhi & across India You can reach us: Digital Marketing Services in Delhi, Digital Marketing Company in Delhi, Digital Marketing Company in India, Digital Marketing Services in India, Smart Digital WorkDigital Marketing Services in Delhi

9. Rohli Malhotra
    March 9, 2018 / 3:57 pm

I definitely comply with some points that you just have mentioned on this post. I appreciate that you just have shared some reliable recommendations on this review. health care tips

10. Internet Marketing
    March 13, 2018 / 7:07 am

Expert SMO, Internet Marketing & Social Media Marketing (SMM) Service Provider Company in Delhi & Across India at cheap price. Visit on SMARTDIGITALWORK.COM, You can search us on Google: Social Media Marketing Services in Delhi, Smo Services in Delhi, Social Media Marketing Services India, Social Media Marketing Company India, Social Media Marketing Agency in Delhi Social Media Marketing Services India

11. PPC Services
    March 14, 2018 / 5:26 am

Find PPC advertising agency, Google Adwords & Pay Per Click (PPC) Services Company in Delhi & Across India at SmartDigitalWork. On cheap price send your query. And you can reach us: PPC Services Company India, Pay Per Click Services India, PPC Services in Delhi, PPC Services Company in Delhi PPC Services Company India

12. natural product
    March 14, 2018 / 9:58 am

SMARTDIGITALWORK.COM: leading content marketing agency based in Delhi & Across India. We can create engaging content to help you promote your website & business. Visit for more at Content Writing Services Delhi, Content Writing Services India, Content Marketing Services DelhiContent Marketing Services Delhi

13. link building
    March 14, 2018 / 11:08 am

hi, I am so happy to see this much informative post. its very useful post for everyone at any age. I am waiting for your new posts. link building company india

14. jennifer mcsweeney
    March 17, 2018 / 10:53 am

Find PPC, Google Adwords & Pay Per Click (PPC) Services Provider Company in Delhi & across India at cheap price & affordable services Only on SMARTDIGITALWORK.COM. Send your query hurry up and you can reach us on Google: PPC Services Company India, PPC Services Company in Delhi, PPC Services in Delhi, Pay Per Click Services India PPC Services Company India

15. Digital marketing
    March 20, 2018 / 7:45 am

Find PPC, Google Adwords & Pay Per Click (PPC) Services Provider Company in Delhi & across India at cheap price & affordable services Only on SMARTDIGITALWORK.COM. Send your query hurry up and you can reach us on Google: PPC Services Company India, PPC Services Company in Delhi, PPC Services in Delhi, Pay Per Click Services IndiaPPC Services Company in Delhi